Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Daily Scriptures 10/23/13

Scripture: Psalm 45:1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer. (NKJV)

Nugget: This psalm is a song of love; it also discusses the characteristics of a royal daughter of the King. One of the things that stood out for me regarding this verse is a “good theme”. How the writer’s heart was overflowing with this; it made me examine my thoughts & actions a bit.

Are my heart, mind, & soul overflowing with a good theme? How are these lining up with being a daughter of the King? Would my tongue speak songs of praise, even in the midst of challenges? I’ve had the chance recently to do some regrouping; this has helped a lot.

I’ve definitely faced some challenges & struggles recently, but I want to make sure I get back in line with God & have the “good theme” reappear in my life. No matter what you’re facing, seek God & that “good theme” He’s placed in you & around you. It’s important not to lose sight of this during times of difficulty.

Quote: “There is no instinct like that of the heart.” -Lord Byron

© Lisi P, 2013

3 comments:

Beth said...

Visiting from "DYWW" and happy to find myself here. I'm with you in wanting to have the "good theme" appear in my life. I've been doing some heart checking in many areas too see where I'm producing good fruit and where I'm lacking.
I love how you share scripture, a little nugget, apply to yourself and end with a quote. Many blessings.

Michell Pulliam said...

Love this Lisi! Ahh yes, when my heart is full of thanksgiving to Him, my tongue won't cease to praise Him and tell of His goodness! Thanks so much my friend...blessings!

~Lisi P. said...

Thanks, ladies!! Many blessings to you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails