Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Daily Scriptures 11/6/13

Scripture: Psalm 3:4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah (NKJV)

Nugget: Overwhelmed---that’s definitely one of the words that describes how I’ve felt lately! Literally, there’s a lot going on in my life & in the lives of those around me. Sometimes, it’s easy to get caught up in the challenges & forget to focus. I thank God for those He put around me, His Word, & prayer!

In the midst of the challenges & things we face, we mustn’t forget to call out to God; whether it be through quiet time with Him, prayer, praise, or simply saying, “Thank You”, in spite of what’s going on. God is always there.

In this psalm, David provides a great example of what to do in the midst of challenges, facing enemies, & troubles--cry out to God with your voice--He hears our cries & always answers.

Quote: “Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we're taking on too much, but because we're taking on too little of what really strengthens us.” -Marcus Buckingham

© Lisi P, 2013

2 comments:

Alison said...

Love that quote at the end. Isn't that the truth, Lisi? We continue to pray for wisdom in our choices so that we avoid feeling overwhelmed. That has been my prayer this week too.

~Lisi P. said...

Amen, Alison!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails